A menstrual cycle is usually referred to series of changes in the woman’s body prepared for pregnancy. The period starts when there is no fertilized egg formed. This will lead to the lining of your uterus shed and bleeding.
A menstrual cycle is regulated by the hormone levels in your body. Increased hormones can stimulate the growth of follicles. If not fertilized, levels of progesterone and estrogen will decrease and result in the start of next period.
People with regular menstrual cycles usually take about 28 – 32 days before they get their period again. Although sometimes periods may be delayed or come earlier. There are some reasons why you want your periods to come faster. The first thing to keep in mind is that why do you want to induce your period.
WHY DO YOU INDUCE YOUR MENSTRUAL PERIOD
- Worried that you are pregnant. If you suspect that you are pregnant, it is unwise to make your periods come faster. Because it is harmful to your body and it will not happen.
- Have your period before an event. There is a chance that you have a swimming party or an outing coming up and it can be hard to enjoy it when you have your period because of the feeling of discomfort. This can be a reason for inducing your period.
- You are not sure about your menstrual cycle. If you have an irregular cycle, It is difficult to make your periods come faster.
- If you are menopausal, this may also affect your menstruation. Remember, this is something you can not control because your body will work on its own.
- Breastfeeding: Breastfeeding can sometimes cause menstruation to stop.
WHY DO YOU HAVE IRREGULAR PERIODS
Why do you have an irregular menstrual cycle? The most common reason is hormonal fluctuations in your body.
1. STRESS AND ANXIETY
Stress and anxiety can cause fluctuations in hormone levels in your body, which can lead to irregular menstrual cycles. Try to avoid stress and anxiety. You can try some mild exercise such as yoga to relieve the stress and anxiety.
Moderate exercise can help reduce the symptoms of menstrual disorders and relieve menstrual cramps. However, excessive exercise can lead to imbalances of the hormones and lead to irregular periods.
3.POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME
Polycystic ovary syndrome can cause your periods become irregular. This is a condition many follicles grow on the ovaries which can cause too many male hormones in your body, which can result in abnormal menstrual cycles.
4. THYROID DYSFUNCTION
Thyroid dysfunction can also cause irregular menstrual cycles. If your menstruation is always late, and there are other symptoms such as palpitations, hair loss, weight changes too fast, mood changes, then you may have thyroid problems.
You’d better go to the hospital to have a thorough examination of the thyroid. At the same time, you can also take some minerals and vitamins to improve the thyroid function.
14 HOME REMEDIES TO MAKE YOUR PERIOD COME FASTER
1.TAKE PILLS AND INJECT HORMONE
There are some medications that you can take to increase your chances of getting your period immediately.
Birth Control Pills – Taking birth control pills on a regular basis is one of the most common and effective ways to regulate your menstrual cycle. This is always recommended for females younger than 35 especially in women with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome).
As this can control their levels of progesterone, estrogen, and androgens in the body. Taking birth control pills can also help get rid of various symptoms caused by irregular periods such as acne, pimples and excessive hair growth.
Use Aspirin – Women can make their period come regularly with aspirin that is mixed with water, sugar, and honey. You can do this when you miss the first day of your period.
Crush up 1 to 2 aspirins and add it to a cup of water.Add 1/2 tablespoon of honey and 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.Drink it to make your period come.
Inject Hormone – Some doctors may recommend you take injected hormones rather than to take birth control pills regularly. This can effectively stimulate the menstrual cycle.
2. CHANGE YOUR DIET
How to use diet to regulate your period?
- First, Try to reduce the amount of sodium that you take in. Excess salt can cause fluid retention in your body. This can make your menstrual bloating and swell worse.
- Second, you can eat more foods that are rich in carotene which can help make your period come faster. These foods include peaches, mustard, apricots, carrots, eggs, papaya, spinach, pumpkin etc.
- Third, you can eat more celery which contains apiol that can stimulate blood circulation in the pelvis and uterus.This will lead to an earlier period.
- Last, Increase the amount of red meat that you take in your diet, red meat has heating properties which could speed up your period.
Best Fruits to help induce your period
Pineapple: Pineapples contain Bromelain which can make the lining of the uterus softer. It can also help shed the old uterus lining and induce your period. If you are not fond of pineapple, you may also try eating mangoes. Mangoes are generally sweeter than pineapples.
Carrots: Carrots contain carotene which can help promote the production of estrogen.This will make your period come earlier than expected.
You can eat fresh carrots every day or take it as a snack instead of your usual potato chips. If you are not too fond of eating carrots, you may also take carrots in juice form. Drink carrot juice or shake thrice every day in order to get the desired results.
Papaya: Papaya can help the muscles in your uterus to contract so that blood flow can be induced.You’d better choose green and unripe papaya. It is okay for you to take before you get your period but the moment that you get your period, stop taking it as it may bring some bad effects.
Pomegranate: Pomegranate contains a lot of antioxidants that can be effective in getting rid of toxins and free radicals in your body.It can also induce your period to come when it is late.
You can take pomegranate juice thrice a day. If you do not like the taste of pomegranate that much, you can add a bit of sugar cane.
You can also try the following recipe.Both turmeric and jaggery can increase body heat which can lead to an earlier menstrual cycle.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of jaggery powder.
- Dissolve the mixture in a glass of water.
- Drink 1 to 2 times daily for about 2-3 weeks.
You are probably not aware that Vitamin C can accelerate the coming of your period. It can help produce estrogen which can make contractions of the uterus and cause menstrual bleeding. When this happens, menstruation will come sooner.
Try to get vitamin C from some natural sources such as orange, lemon, cranberry juice, green tea, and parsley. You can also add 1000mg of the vitamin to your diet for 2-3 days.
Note that this method is not suitable for pregnant women because too much Vitamin C may lead to miscarriage.
Hot compress is another effective method to speed up your menstrual cycle. The heat can help relax your abdominal muscles and relieve emotional stress. In addition, it is also helpful to improve the flow of blood of uterus and prevents pelvic cramp.
If you have a heating pad, you can use that but if you don’t, you can use a hot water bottle instead. If you feel that applying a hot compress to your lower abdomen is too hot, you can also drink lukewarm water.This can help alleviate your menstrual cramps.
Alternatively, you can soak yourself in a hot tub for about 30-40 minutes before you go to bed.This will also help warm your body and accelerate the menstrual cycle gently.You can also add some relaxing scented oil to increase the effect.
Sometimes, the reason why women may not get their period regularly is that they lack physical exercise. Exercise can help you maintain the body’s estrogen levels. This help keep the body from ovulating and maintain a regular menstrual cycle.
Do some aerobic exercises. This can help stimulate the body and can also help you lose weight. Doing abdominal exercises can also be very good for the body since this can make the muscles contract which can result in a fast period.
Here are 3 best exercises to get your periods early.
Squats: Squat is the best way to induce your period, it can stimulate your pelvis and abdominal muscles and improve the blood circulation. Here’s how you do it:
- First, separate your feet at one shoulder width apart.
- Now lower your buttocks until it below your knees. When you lower down, place your hands together or in front of you. Also make sure your back is straight and apply pressure on your heels instead of your toes.
- Hold this position for 1-2 seconds and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat this exercise 10-20 times. Make sure use your core muscles as support.
Sit-ups: Sit-ups are another effective exercise to make your period come faster. It can help stimulate your muscles in the abdomen and pelvis area. This will lead to a quick menstruation.
- Lie down and place your back and feet flat on the ground.
- Separate your buttocks and cross your arms over your chest.
- Bend your knees and use your abdominal muscles to lift your upper body.
- Hold for 1 second and then lie down.
- Do this 40-60 times and and rest for a while.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day to get a better result.
Running: Running is another effective ways to induce your periods. It can open up your pelvic region and help your vaginal area breathe.This will improve the the blood circulation in abdomen. If you don’t like running,you can try brisk walking or going up a hill. Make sure to move your arms to enhance the effect.
One of the main reasons why you may be having problems with your menstruation may be stress. Stress can make your body release cortisol and adrenaline hormones which can disrupt your menstrual cycle.Stress can also make your periods more painful.
In order to prevent being stressed all the time, think of things that you can do to help relieve stressful feelings.
- Avoid some stressful situations. If you cannot avoid it, try not to get exposed to it all the time.
- Regular exercise, daily walks or deep breathing will help you relieve stress.
- Take time to get massages or try to have vacations from time to time because this will make you feel better.
You can also try meditation and yoga. Doing these things once a week can have good effects.
- Try to be with someone that you can be happy and comfortable with. This will help you forget about your current problems.
Sex may be the most enjoyable answers to the question “how to make your period come faster?” Sexual intercourse can stimulate the uterus to contract. It also helps soften the cervix and increases blood flow to the genitals.
When you have had a healthy and natural sexual intercourse with your partner, your vagina will tend to relax and trigger the shedding of the uterine lining.
8.MAINTAIN A HEALTHY WEIGHT
A lot of people are not aware that too fat or too thin can also cause menstrual irregularities. Fat woman tend to have too much estrogen and lean women may have too little estrogen to maintain their menstrual cycle. Moreover, maintaining a healthy weight is good for your overall health.
- Eating balanced meals can be hard to do in the beginning but this will help especially when you continue with it in the long run.
- Have time to exercise at least 3times a week. This would have to be done about 30 minutes each time.
9.EXPOSURE TO SUN-LIGHT
Do you realize that exposure to sunlight can increase your chances of getting your period faster? When you do not get enough vitamins in your system, it can make your period irregular.
Lacking vitamin D can affect thyroid function leading to the abnormal of estrogen levels. Taking supplements and diet can provide only limited amounts of vitamin D. The sunlight can help your body absorb vitamin D effectively.
The best sunlight is in the morning because this can provide you with the right amount of Vitamin D. With this Vitamin, you can also increase the amount of calcium that your body needs.
- Make sure expose to sunlight for about 15 minutes and preferably in the morning.
- For more than 15 minutes, you need to apply sunscreen.
By taking parsley tea, you can make your period come sooner. According to Drugs.com, Parsley is rich in vitamin C and apiol, which can help stimulate blood flow in the uterus and the pelvis. Aside from parsley, you can also try Sage, Yarrow, and Rosemary instead.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of fresh parsley into a cup of boiling water to make a parsley tea.Then leave it for 5-10 minutes and drink it. For best results, you can limit your tea intake to about 4 cups a day.
Note that you need to control the amounts used, as too much Parsley is toxic. Going over the recommended dosage may cause some problems. It is not recommended for pregnant women and breastfeeding women.
According to the Traditional Medicine to Modern Medicine, turmeric is a traditional medicine that has been used to regulate menstruation for centuries. The curcumin of turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the menstrual cramps and pain.
In addition, it has some estrogenic and progesterone effects that can accelerate your menstrual cycle. However, this needs more scientific research to prove.
Mix a teaspoon of powdered turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of water. Then drink it for 1 to 2 times daily until your period come. You can also include turmeric in your diet. Adding it to the rice, milk, and vegetable can effectively improve your immunity.
Black cohosh is an herb native to eastern North America. WebMD report that it has effects similar to the female hormone that can help promote the shedding of the endometrium. In addition, Black cohosh can be used to treat premenstrual syndrome (PMS), menopause, menstruation cramps and menstrual irregularities.
However, it is not recommended for people with hypertension, heart disease or liver disease, especially for pregnant women and breastfeeding women. Because it may stimulate contractions and lead to miscarriage.
Cinnamon has an antiestrogenic and estrogenic effect which can help regulate your menstrual cycle. According to a study, cinnamon contains Hydroxychalcone that can balance the hormone levels in your body and prevent menstruation coming late. In addition, Cinnamon is an effective natural remedy to get rid of polycystic ovary syndrome.
Add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder into a glass of milk. Mix well and drink it every day until your period come.
Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds can make a lot of heat in your body.This can induce your period effectively. You can mix some sesame seeds with honey and drink it with hot water.
Carom Seeds: Carom Seeds and help relieves menstrual cramps effectively. Mix a teaspoon of carom seeds and a teaspoon of jaggery powder in a glass of water. Drink this 2-3 times every day to make your periods come earlier.
Fennel Seeds: Fennel Seeds can help regulate your periods and reduce the menstruation pain. Add 2-3 teaspoons of fennel seeds into a glass of warm water. Then leave it overnight and drink it in the next morning.
SIDE EFFECTS OF INDUCING YOUR PERIODS
There are some side effects you may experience if you are going to induce period earlier especially if you are going to induce it weeks before you should get your period. Some of these side effects include the following:
- Mood changes
- Change in weight
- Breast tenderness
- Irregular bleeding
If you experience some side effects while inducing your period, you may want to talk to your doctor about it. Your doctor may recommend other ways to induce your period safely.
PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE WHILE INDUCING YOUR PERIODS
- Inducing your period should be done for the right reasons.
- If it is not safe for you to induce your period, do not push through with it.
- Avoid eating or drinking items that can increase your blood flow when you already have your period. This may injure your health.
- Avoid excessive intake of vitamin C as this can cause side effects.
You’d better consult a doctor before using these remedies to make your periods come faster. Do not induce your periods unless absolutely necessary.Because it may cause severe side effects.