“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” or so the saying goes. Truth be told, though, if you don’t feel beautiful, what others say doesn’t really matter. You can make your skin feel better and look better with a few simple steps.
Taking care of your skin doesn’t have to be super expensive either. Try some of these great home skincare tips that shouldn’t break the bank. Check out the 7 tips below.
1. Use a clay mask. The Natural Beauty Workshop mixes 1 tablespoon Bentonite clay, 1/2 mashed kiwi, 1/4 teaspoon kiwi seed oil, 5 drops Roman chamomile and 5 drops honey together. Apply the mask to your face and let it sit for 20 minutes before rinsing and moisturizing the skin. If you’re concerned about using Bentonite clay, you can use another clay in its place.
2. Get enough rest. One of the least expensive things you can do for your skin is get enough sleep. Oprah.com recommends getting seven hours of sleep a night to help reduce cortisol in your body.
3. Eat healthy. The Fashion Spot recommends eating the right foods to help your skin be beautiful. Some of the best foods for your skin are cucumbers, green tea, green leafy vegetables, nuts and pumpkin seeds.
4. Drink plenty of water. Hydration is important to the skin. Without enough water, the skin gets saggy and looks dull. Being sure to drink plenty of water is recommended by mbglifestyle.
5. Use sunscreen. The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends using a broad-spectrum UV SPF 15 or higher sunscreen daily. Without it, the damage from the sun can cause premature aging and damage to the skin.
6. Hydrate your skin. Keeping your skin well hydrated or moisturized will keep it from looking old early. Coconut oil is great for hydrating the skin without adding pore-clogging oils. Coconut Mama whips coconut oil with a hand mixer to make it fluffy and jars it and applies it straight after washing the face.
7. Keep it clean. Keeping your skin clean is important. You can make your own gentle cleanser that fights acne and infections with Manuka honey. Wellness Mama recommends taking 1 teaspoon honey and rubbing it into your wet face and then rinsing it off. The antibacterial properties of Manuka honey will help kill off things that want to create acne, and its healing properties will make your skin healthy.
Beautiful skin is well within the grasp of every person. Taking the time to figure out what is best for you is well worth the investment, don’t you think?