Everybody knows that eating fruits and vegetables is beneficial to the health and can help get rid of many diseases. Including fruits and vegetables in your everyday diet will boost your immune system and improve your overall health.
Eggplants in particular aren’t very popular among people, but what few of us know is that eggplants are very nutritious and contribute to a better health. According to nutritionists, eggplants contain many vitamins, nasunin, fiber and chlorogenic acid, thus boosting your energy and improving the hair and skin. At the same time, being so rich in beneficial ingredients, they will lower the chances of diabetes, heart disease, obesity and mortality in general.
Below we give you 8 ways in which eggplants are beneficial to the health:
1. Eating eggplants on a regular basis prevents blood clots due to the fact that eggplants are rich in flavonoids and Vitamin K. These ingredients significantly strengthen the capillaries.
2. When cooked properly, eggplants can really help lower the bad cholesterol. That is why you need to make sure that you eat them baked and never fried.
3. Eggplants protect the digestive system as they are extremely rich in fiber. If you consume them on a regular basis, they can protect you from colon cancer.
4. Eggplants are rich in essential phytonutrients which improve the blood flow and thus nourish the brain. This is one very important reason why you should consume them regularly. One thing to bear in mind, though, is the fact that these phytonutrients are contained in the skin of the eggplant, so don’t peel them before eating.
5. Eggplants are used to control diabetes. This is so because they contain low levels of carbohydrates as well as soluble fibers.
6. Eggplants also contain bioflavonoids. That is why they are really useful in relieving stress and controlling your blood pressure.
7. They supply the body with essential nutrients as they are rich in iron, calcium and other minerals.
8. Eggplants are really low in calories, 1 cup contains only 35. They are also low in fat but high in fiber. This contributes to feeling full during the day and you will eat less. That is why eggplants are really useful in losing weight.
These are 8 things you probably didn’t know about eggplants, but 8 reasons more why you should start including them more in your diet starting today!